Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
- 3 red bell peppers; seeded, cleaned, cut in half through the stem
- one package red beans and rice, any brand will due
- 3 turkey meatballs, more is desired
- rounded tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 chopped Campari tomatoes
- cheddar cheese to top the peppers off
Follow the directions for cooking the packaged red beans and rice. I believe mine said bring to boil with 2 cups of water, cover and cook for seven minutes on low heat. While the rice was cooking I zapped 3 meatballs in the microwave for a couple minutes then chopped them up with a knife. Place bell pepper halves into a casserole dish and line the bottom of the dish with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water. Once the rice has cooked mix in the turkey, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and let come together for a couple of minutes. Evenly distribute mixture over the peppers. Sprinkle with salt & pepper, cover tightly with foil so that no steam can escape and cook in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes (or until peppers are fork tender). Turn broiler onto high heat, sprinkle the peppers with cheese and broil for 2 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes and then served alongside peas sauteed in butter, salt & pepper. Enjoy!