This little bread is absolutely genius. It's moist, sweet, hearty, and totally satisfying. You won't even be sad that you're getting under 7 grams of carbs for a slice of this stuff!
High Protein/Low Carb Blueberry Bread
makes 4 servings
- 170 grams Greek Yogurt (100 calories, 7 carbs, 7 sugars, 18 g protein)
- 8 Tbsp. Coconut Flour (248 calories, 4 carbs, 4 sugars, 14 g protein)
- 3 Tbsp. Flax Meal (90 calories, 4.5 grams protein)
- 1 extra large Egg (80 calories, 7 g protein)
- 1/2 cup Coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, etc. (I used coconut milk creamer: 80 calories, 8 carbs, 8 sugars)
- 2/3 cup frozen Blueberries (46.66 calories, 8 carbs, 10.7 sugars)
- pinch of Cinnamon, optional
- 1-2 Tbsp. Torani Sugar Free Syrup, optional (helps loosen the batter)
- splash of Water, might need this might not
Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixing bowl add your dry ingredients and stir to make sure there are no lumps. Add the wet ingredients, including the frozen blueberries, and stir to combine. I love the addition of cinnamon with blueberries, if you hate cinnamon you can skip it but it really adds an extra special flavor. If you have a proper loaf pan this shouldn't take more than 35 minutes to cook, but I used an oven safe bowl and cooked it for 40 minutes. Spray the pan with non-stick cooking oil, bake at 350F until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Cool slightly, run your knife around the outside and flip it onto a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Thanks to the Greek yogurt, it's so moist it doesn't need butter or oil. Make sure when you insert the toothpick it not only comes out clean, but the outside of the bread seems set. This is 644.66 calories total, 27 grams carbs, 29.7 sugars, 43.5 grams protein. Per serving it's: 161.16 calories, 6.75 carbs, 7.4 sugars, and a whopping 10.88 grams of protein! You could even have a double serving for just over 300 calories in the morning and be insanely full, while probably consuming your daily requirements for fiber. This would also be great with almond flour! I hope to try that next ^_^