As you know I am now living a very low carb/low sugar lifestyle! It's part of the maintenance phase of my diet. By the way, I've lost 23 lbs in the past couple of months. I'm now within the normal range for BMI as well as body fat percentage. The foodie side of me is loving the challenge of trying out old favorites in a new healthy way! These La Tortilla Factory low carbohydrate tortillas are a Godsend! Only 3 grams of net carbs and 50 calories per tortilla, they're perfect for making yourself an individual thin crust pizza.
Spicy Pepperoni & Roasted Fennel Pizza
- 1 Low Carb Tortilla (50 calories, 3 carbs)
- 30 grams Pizza Sauce, mine was homemade no sugar* (6 calories)
- 16 Pepperoni (62 calories)
- Cheese, I used about 20 grams of sharp cheddar (90 calories)
- 58 grams Roasted Fennel Bulbs** (18 calories, 1 carb)
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
Preheat oven to 400F. While the oven is preheating, place a tortilla on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Allow the tortilla to bake and crisp up on the bottom while the oven preheats, mine takes 10 minutes. When the oven is preheated, flip the tortilla over so the crisp side is up. This helps keep the tortilla crisp instead of getting soggy from the pizza sauce. Top your pizza whichever way you like, bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly, slice up and enjoy! The entire pizza is yours and only 226 calories, 4 grams net carbs!
* To make the spicy pizza sauce I took a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1/2 an ounce of garlic, red hot chili flakes, 1 packet of Truvia, and Italian seasonings and simmered that over medium-low heat while the oven preheated. The I used my blender to puree the mixture. Easy peasy.
**To make roasted fennel: simply chop, slice, or quarter the bulbs of the fennel and toss with coconut or olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on parchment at 400F for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.