Oh my goodness, who knew eating "diet" food could be this enjoyable?! This is by far one of the best dishes I've had, and I'm really excited to share it with you!
adapted from Ellie Krieger, serves 2
- 8 extra large raw, deveined, and peeled Shrimp (157 calories)
- 14.5 ounce can no salt added Diced Tomatoes (87 calories)
- 1 small yellow Onion, chopped (53 calories)
- 1/4 Parsley, chopped (4 calories)
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced or pressed (8 calories)
- salt, pepper, and Old Bay to taste
- optional: 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (I didn't use this, I sauteed in water)
Preheat oven to 425 F. Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in an oven proof pot (or regular saute pan) and add the diced onion. Saute onion, stirring, until softened. Add the garlic and saute for one minute, turn the heat up to medium-high, add the canned tomato and bring up to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for several minutes until the tomatoes juices thicken then turn off the heat. Add in the shrimp, parsley, and spices. Transfer to oven (or oven proof dish, then to oven) and bake for 12 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Serve alongside a delicious salad. Enjoy!
Based on the amount of everything I used and considering the brands the entire recipe was 309 calories. So you're looking at about 150 calories per serving of the shrimp, plus another 13 or so for the chunk of romaine. Not bad!