This is a super low carb/low fat version of one of my personal favorites. Lemon and garlic work so well with the shrimp you don't need butter or oil to make it taste great!
- 200 grams peeled, deveined, tail off shrimp (211 calories)
- 2 packages Miracle Noodles
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (240 calories)
- 1/3 cup Chicken Broth (5 calories)
- 4 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced or minced (16 calories)
- about 1/4 cup diced white Onion (24 calories)
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley, chopped (11 calories)
- juice of 1 Lemon (12 calories)
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest (1 calorie)
- 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (2 calories)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Prepare the Miracle Noodles by draining the packets and rinsing the noodles with hot water until the fishy smell is gone. Let drain in colander. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the onion and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook and additional minute, stirring. Add in the shrimp (raw or cooked will work here), lemon juice and zest, chicken broth, and seasonings. When the noodles have released their excess water toss into the shrimp mixture and cook over medium-high heat until the sauce has thickened a bit and the whole mixture becomes fragrant. Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley. Serve up and enjoy!
This makes two servings, each is just 261 calories but would only be 141 calories without the coconut oil! ^_^