Hello there! Long time no blog, hopefully a handful of you are still reading. Life as of late has been sandwiches and salads. The summer months are definitely when I stop cooking for the most part. Hopefully soon I will have a lot of toaster oven and slow cooker recipes to share.
- 2 large Romaine Lettuce leaves (3 calories)
- 2 thin slices Tomato (4 calories)
- 2 tbsp Avocado, mashed (45 calories)
- 2 ounces Turkey Breast (60 calories)
- 2 slices Bacon (110 calories for thick sliced)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil Light Mayonnaise (13 calories)
- Jarlsburg Lite Swiss Cheese (50 calories)
- 1 tsp Yellow Mustard
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
That's right, no bread! Smear the condiments and place the toppings on the romaine lettuce, and enjoy! Avocado and cheese aren't traditional on a club sandwich, but I personally like them. I think when you skip the bread you're allowed a little cheese; eating the sandwich this way even leaves calories for chips or fries on the side. Enjoy, it's only 285 calories!