If you love noodles but hate the carbs that come with them, this recipe is for you. I try to keep it low carb most days. Eating high carb meals gives me stomach aches and makes me feel tired and sluggish. The problem is, I love carbs! It's a struggle, but meals like this give me my carb fix with doing damage. This noodle dish is creamy, spicy, sweet, crunchy, and satisfying.
Spicy Peanut Chicken and Noodles
- 1 lb. super lean Chicken Breast, diced (all fat removed, 480 cals)
- 12 ounces (or two bags) angel hair Miracle Noodles
- 2 c. shredded Red Cabbage (33 cals)
- 2 c. shredded Green Cabbage (33 cals)
- 1 c. shredded Carrots (40 cals)
- 1/2 c. hot Water, from the tap
- 6 tbsp PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter (135 cals)
- 1/4 c. creamy Peanut Butter (380 calories)
- 1/4 c. low sodium Soy Sauce (20 cals)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar or Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey (60 cals)
- 2 cubes frozen Ginger, or 2 tsp fresh (10 cals)
- 2 tsp minced Garlic (10 cals)
- 2 tsp Sriracha Chili Sauce (10 cals)
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil (40 cals)
- Green Onions, to garnish
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, to garnish
Preparation & Cooking Instructions
In a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat add the diced chicken and brown, then turn the heat down to low. While the chicken starts to cook through add the sauce ingredients (water through the sesame oil) to a Magic Bullet, Ninja, blender, etc. Blend until smooth. If it seems too thick add a splash more water or soy sauce. It's best to use creamy peanut butter and not chunky. Prep the Miracle Noodles (instructions in this post) and then add to skillet along with the veggies. Crank the heat up to medium-high or high, and saute until the veggies have softened a bit, 5 minutes or so. Add in the sauce and cook, stirring constantly, to coat everything and heat up the sauce. After a minute or two you're ready to serve!
I like to serve mine up in a bowl and stir in a couple pinches of fresh veggies to give it some color, otherwise everything just looks tan. Top with fresh green onion and sesame seeds and enjoy! Per serving this is 251 calories, 10 grams carbohydrates, 8 grams of sugar, 27 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fat.