Monday, December 16, 2013

Mommy Mondays Week 32

Health-wise week 32 was much better than week 31. In terms of my mental health, wasn't the best. I must have cried at my desk twice a day for the first few days during the week. There is a lot of stress in my life right now. Family members who are ill, my aunt recently passed away, and my work is unable to do anything about shortening my hours. So it's been hard. I'm just taking it one day at a time, trying to get through these next four weeks. Then I will officially be on maternity leave and eligible to collect disability from the state, since I don't have vacation or sick time through my job. I can't wait until those couple weeks before Isla is here to just spend time with the hubby, before we officially become a family. It's so exciting! I can't wait to be a mommy.

(sorry for the poor pic quality; bad lighting and a dirty lens! oops!)

How many weeks: 32

What fruit/veggie is baby: large jicama, 16.7 inches and 3.75 lbs

Movement: there's full on alien stuff happening in my belly! Sometimes at the very top it will get really hard and I can poke something which I think is like a knee maybe? Then she moves and it goes back down. It's the weirdest thing :)

New symptoms: I've been having pretty frequent Braxton Hicks contractions. I felt like they were too often so I started monitoring them, and it was only about three an hour. So nothing bad, just feels a little uncomfortable at the end of the night. Also I get this really weird numb/creepy-crawly sensation at the very top of my stomach around my ribs. It was freaking me out, so I Googled it and apparently while everything stretches so do your nerves. So feeling a little numb is totally normal. Who knew?

Cravings: last week I wanted Taco Bell three times, so healthy, oh and chocolate chip cookies

Sleep: it's been okay overall! I wake up every 1-2 hours, I can only imagine that gets worse as the baby grows.

Stretch marks: none

Rings on/off: on

Best memory of the week: my hubby is generally home three days a week, Wednesday-Friday, and I of course am working. So he did about three loads of laundry and all of the dishes/chores. Poor guy said it took him an hour to fold the baby's clothes. I know what he's talking about, they're so small it takes a while. After they were clean I went through them all and put them into my labeled bins by size. It was so much fun looking through all the clothes from the baby shower again!

Looking forward to: maternity leave! I've been getting so exhausted I'm ready for a nap by about 1 pm, which is hard when you're working Monday-Friday.

No comments: